In terms of this article let’s go with the assumption that Ring of Honor is able to bring in five guys to their fold and who they could or should be. I am going to assume that the past WWE crew mentioned above will all pass on Ring of Honor waiting for the phone to ring from WWE in the short term. So with that said who is left to bring to ROH?
1. Samoa Joe: This seems the most likely and easiest fit for me. Joe is a beloved former Ring of Honor Champion and has really lacked motivation at times in TNA at least it appears from the outside looking in. Coming back to Ring of Honor has been a breath of fresh air for guys like Daniels and A.J Styles and one would assume it would be the same for Joe. Simple and easy I think this happens the day after TNA’s doors shut.
2. Kenny King: Sure it would be eating some crow for him and based on who he left Ring of Honor bailing out as a Tag-Team Champion for the promotion to sign with TNA it seems ridiculous. This is exactly why you do it. Imagine the legitimate heat he would have with the Ring of Honor fans that are loyal to a fault. Matt Hardy was hated by them but with Kenny King this would be far more personal and would make for an excellent heel for the company.
3. EC3: This is a guy that WWE really dropped the ball with. There has not been much of anything positive about TNA in the past year or so but if there is a positive it is this kid. He really showed he has talent and took his game up to a new level in TNA which you can’t say about to many people in that company. The fact that he is better after being there from the experience is a rare thing in the history of this company. Another instant heel the moment he walks in the door based on being tied to Dixie Carter in TNA.
4. Bobby Roode: Still has some gas left in his tank and as much as people will claim he is going to be picked up by the WWE it isn’t going happen. If you want to throw in James Storm to bring in the Beer Money tag-team that isn’t a bad idea either for ROH’s growing Tag-Team Division. If I am going to choose between the two though, I give Roode the nod simply based on liking him more as a singles competitor, along with the fact of being a better fit for Ring of Honor.
5. Austin Aries: Another former ROH Champion that is highly talented and has been under utilized by TNA ever since they gave him their World Title and changed their minds. He would slide back into Ring of Honor without much trouble. He is another no-brainer in my mind for the company if they can come to an agreement.
Ring of Honor has kicked around the idea of a women's division that they have been calling "Women of Honor" if they are serious I have a woman for the job as a bonus pick.
Bonus Pick: Gail Kim: There has been on and off talk of starting a "Women of Honor Division" and who better to be a part of launching that? Gail Kim is perhaps the most known and talented female wrestler active in wrestling today. She was the driving force that built the knockouts Division in TNA. Why can’t she do it again in Ring of Honor? I think she can and you can find lots of other talented women to join her some that ROH already has in non-wrestling roles and others from outside of the company. She would be a diamond to start this division with. To fit that Ring of Honor style would not be a stretch either. She can flat out go and everyone who has seen her compete knows it.
So that would be my 5 TNA talents that I would bring into Ring of Honor if the time comes they are all available. Technically TNA is not dead but the odds of them landing a T.V deal that could sustain this company most experts see as very slim. When you consider the issues the WWE had in creating a bidding war for their content it stands to reason that a company that is far behind them has very little chance to find the dollars to make it happen. This may all be fantasy booking at the end of the day. I think people just naturally assume Ring of Honor would open their check book and make it happen, but they already have added a number of bigger TNA names once they left the company so it might not be a slam dunk.
Some would also say that Global Force Wrestling may try and look at getting exiled TNA talent as well. I would just say that if it is between ROH and GFW the success that Ring of Honor is having compared to the unknown that Global Force is would be an easy choice. This along with the fact Jarrett by his nature has never been on to over pay for talent in his time running TNA and I don’t expect this to change.
The though of even more talent being available to ROH though in itself is pretty exciting. If you are not one of these folks crying a river for the demise of TNA and just simply a fan of ROH it is an exciting thing to think about the possibilities.
The success of all these female angles recently can be debated but this angle with Steph and Brie has been as good as it gets.
Condo on the Moon is on Twitter and Facebook and check out our weekly podcasts Every Friday!
If you have questions/comments for our NEW Weekly Google+ Show Live Thursday's 7:30 pm EST use hashtag #AskMachoMoon. You can find us now at Condoonthemoon.com.