Monday, April 20, 2015

5 Things To Expect on WWE Monday Night 4/20/15



Hello all! Welcome to this week's WWE Monday Night Raw Preview article brought to you by Condo On The Moon. We're 6 days away from the Extreme Rules PPV in Chicago, Illinois. Tonight is the go home show to the annual hardcore PPV and the WWE is back from a large European Tour. Raw emanates from Albany, New York which has been a major city for the WWE throughout it's history. I'll give you five things that you can look forward to seeing on the show tonight and also I give my thoughts on the current feuds heading towards Extreme Rules and I will propose my final card for the PPV and make my predictions. James & Walder got you covered for a full PPV preview this Friday and hope you guys enjoy the piece.

1.) Rollins vs. Orton + Big Show vs. Roman Reigns 

I decided to mix these two matches together just due to the fact they all intertwines with each other and each match has a Authority member represented in the bouts. We found out on Raw last week that Seth Rollins will defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Randy Orton at Extreme Rules in a Steel Cage Match with a added bonus, the RKO finisher is BANED! I thought the WWE did a good job setting up these match for the PPV. Less is more you don't need a super complex drama storyline for this particular match it writes itself. On SmackDown we found out that Roman Reigns will take on The World's Largest Athlete Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match. I know that alot of people will give two fig newtons about the Big Show/Reigns. The stipulation makes sense to finally put this dreaded feud to an end. It's going to be interesting to see where all these four guys go after the PPV this Sunday. Last week Kane was extremely embarrassed by Seth Rollins and there seem's to be a rumbling that Kane will turn his back on The Authority. The Authority is back on Raw tonight and we'll see how Triple H handles the recent issues between Kane and Seth Rollins. Tonight in good ol The Authority fashion you'll see Randy Orton & Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins, Kane and Big Show.

2.) John Cena vs. Rusev in a Russian Chain Match 

The John Cena's United States Championship Open Challenge has been a delightful addition to the weekly WWE Monday Night Raw programming. I'm not a fan of the goody good shoes John Cena, I was a fan of the heel John Cena and I do have a tremendous amount of respect for him. Having John Cena as the United States Champion has made that particular championship the most relevant it's been since the WCW days. Last week on Raw we saw John Cena vs. Bad News Barrett in a really good back and forth physical match in London. We found out that John Cena will defend his title against the former champion Rusev at Extreme Rules in a Russian Chain Match. Usually chain matches it's your standard chain or bull rope match where you drag your opponent around four turn buckles to pick up victory. I think this is a interesting stipulation with of both these guys tremendous strength and I think this will be the most physical match of the show. Tonight for the open challenge I think we see John Cena vs. Luke Harper or Dolph Ziggler. Rusev got the advantage on John Cena last week. Whoever is standing tall on tonight's show will be the United States Champion at Extreme Rules.

3.) Triple H Announcement 



For the first time since WrestleMania 31, WWE COO Triple H makes his return to WWE Programming. If you're not in the know, Triple H is the executive vice president of talent relations for the WWE and is the man behind NXT and the founder of the WWE Performance Center. With the recent of announcement of the popular show "Tough Enough" The Game will make an announcement on the show. Now what will be in that announcement, an announcement on a date or the name of wrestlers that will be the coaches for the show or we'll find out who'll be the contestants for the show. It makes for an interesting segment, but where's the payoff for this segment especially when it's on the go-home show for Extreme Rules. I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not, but might as well go for it. I've been trying to find out who in the blue hell is Bray Wyatt talking about this time. It's a stretch, but I wouldn't be surprise if Bray Wyatt attacks Triple H in this segment.

4.) Extreme Rules Mid-Card Feuds + Raw Matches + Neville RANT 

Ok if you I offend in this portion of the article I apologize, but I'm an honest human being. No wrestling fan knows anything about "booking" hate to be that guy or whatever, but it's the truth. It's cool to guess what's going to happen on these shows, but I swear to god if I hear another person complaining about Neville's booking I'm going to lose my mind. Look I listen to the LAW this past weekend and I love their show, but was really irked by their evaluation on the recent trend of Neville on the main roster. Neville is fine, but as the months and years go by to think that any of these NXT Stars are going to be in the main roster main event storylines the moment they debut on the main roster it's unrealisitic. It's official we have the very first Kiss Me Arse Match, it's whatever I guess I mean I think the match with Sheamus and Ziggler will be very good, but the stipulation is head scratching to say the least. Tonight I think you see a change in a stipulation for that particular match. Paige is "OUT" going to film a movie with The Miz. Will Paige make it to Extreme Rules? I think tonight we see Naomi take Paige's spot and she takes on Brie Bella on Raw tonight. Tonight Miz and Mizdow will have their final bout for the right for the particular gimmick. I think for tonight we see Daniel Bryan & Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett and Sheamus.

5.) Predictions

I won't be on the podcast this week, so I decided to make my predictions for the upcoming PPV this Sunday in my hometown for Chicago, Illinois.

1.) Steel Cage Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship *RKO Banned
Seth Rollins retains over Randy Orton due to help from Bray Wyatt

2.) Russian Chain Match for the WWE United States Championship
John Cena retains over Rusev

3.) Kiss Me Arse Match
Sheamus over Dolph Ziggler

4.) Tables Match
Dean Ambrose over Luke Harper

5.) Last Man Standing Match
Roman Reigns over Big Show

6.) WWE Divas Championship Match
Nikki Bella retains over Naomi

7.) WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Daniel Bryan retains over Bad News Barrett

8.) WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Cesaro and Tyson Kidd over Lucha Dragons


I hope you enjoy Raw this week. I'll be at Extreme Rule this Sunday from the Allstate Arena. If your attending the show please come and say hello.

You can follow me on Twitter @JoshLopezCSR

Check out my radio show the PWE Show every Wednesday from 10am-1pm CT

Also I'll be on the "Brass Ring Club" at 5:30 pm ET on TheNBShow.com


Enjoy Raw and Enjoy Extreme Rules

#StudentOfTheGame

No comments:

Post a Comment