Monday, May 18, 2015

5 Things To Expect on WWE Monday Night Raw 5/18/15



Oh Yeah Brother! Welcome to this week's WWE Monday Night Raw Preview brought to you by Condo On The Moon my name is Joshua Lopez. Lot's and lot's to get to because we're just coming off the heels of the WWE Payback PPV, we got the NXT Takeover Special coming up this Wednesday and Elimination Chamber returns in 13 days. In this piece I'll give you my thoughts on the WWE Payback PPV from Baltimore. I'll also talk about who will be in the two Elimination Chambers Matches and where does John Cena and Seth Rollins go from here? Here's five things to expect on the WWE Payback Fallout edition of WWE Monday Night Raw.

1.) WWE Payback Fallout + Thoughts 

Well I enjoyed Payback last night. I thought overall the show surpass expectations and with the fact it only had a three week set up I thought the payoff for Payback was well done. Some rapid fire thoughts.

-I don't know why R-Truth/Stardust was added to the pre-show? What's next for Cody?

-I don't think The Meta Powers will last long.

-I loved the opener from Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler very physical opener these guys have amazing chemistry.

-Once again the tag team championship match delivered. I never get tire of seeing The New Day vs. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro. Very interested in seeing how they set up this tag team Elimination Chamber Match.

-I loved the slugfest between Bray Wyatt and Ryback. Way better match than I thought it was going to be. I like both guys and even though there wasn't any reasonable "storyline" behind this feud I enjoyed the match it had a nice old-school flare to it.

-Cena and Rusev capped off their feud in high fashion. Entertaining and physical I Quit Match.

-I thought the Divas Tag Team Match wasn't that bad it's just their positioning on the PPV is always after a match that the crowd absolutely loved and they were burnt out.

-Neville/Barrett was solid I wished it had more time, plus with the IC Chamber Match coming up soon I understood the countout finish and neither guy was negatively effected.

-I loved the main event! Glad we got Kane's decision out of the way. I thought Roman and Dean stood out the most in this match. Rollins is a tremendous heel. Randy Orton once again shining on a major stage, The Shield's semi tease reunion was nice and the crowd was hot for that. I didn't mind the finish cause Rollins is part of The Authority and even with the fact that he can't use the Curb Stomp that doesn't mean he can't use the Pedigree or a RKO or even a Chokeslam. Rollins was the right guy to win this match and it was one of the better Fatal Four Way that i've seen.


2.) Elimination Chamber Match for the Vacant Intercontinental Championship 

We're just about 13 days away from the Elimination Chamber PPV. We know that for the first time since 2012 we'll have two Elimination Chamber matches and one of them will be for the vacated Intercontinental Championship. I'm firguing for tonight there will be a series of Elimination Chamber Qualifying Matches. I can see Bad News Barrett, Sheamus, Neville, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Bray Wyatt added to this Chamber Match. Less is more, but at the same time I think it would be in the best interest for this Wyatt/Ryback feud to be put in place in that Chamber Match. If Ryback has broken ribs that's rather unfortunate. At the same time don't be surprise if guys like Stardust or R-Truth will be added to the Chamber Match. Both Stardust and Truth have experience in the Chamber Match.

3.) Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

We found out last night the New Day will be defending their WWE Tag Team Championships inside the Elimination Chamber. I have absolutely no idea what will be set up for this particular Chamber and I LOVE IT! There's so many options here and that what's make this Chamber very very interesting. Obviously if we're going to do six teams I'll list i here. Kidd/Cesaro, The Prime Time Players, Lucha Dragons, Harper & Rowan and The Ascension. Either way this could be the best thing for the tag division not only are these teams are getting opportunity, but their are being showcased in one of the most popular matches in the WWE, so I'm very interested to see what they do tonight on Raw with the set up for this Chamber Match.

4.) What's next for John Cena? 

I really enjoyed the Rusev and John Cena feud and now that it's over; What's next for John Cena? We have 13 days before Elimination Chamber arrives. The John Cena US Open Challenge has been awesome. Here's a idea. I know that this will be out of left field, but it works since there's only two weeks to setup the PPV and I think it would be "best for business" to have a John Cena US Open Challenge at the Chamber. It brings anticipation for the PPV and the opens up the window for countless superstars or maybe even returning superstars to take on Cena at the Elimination Chamber. For tonight I think we'll see John Cena vs Luke Harper or Dolph Ziggler.

5.) What's next for Seth Rollins?

Another PPV and Seth Rollins is still your WWE World Heavyweight Champion! It was "reported" that Rollins will be defending his world championship at the Chamber, but it's not in the Chamber match. I would be shocked if were swerved and the championship is defended in the Chamber, but coming out of this Fatal Four Way match. Where does WWE go with this World Title Picture? I think it would be too soon to do the Shield triple threat match ESPECIALLY with a free month of the Network in May. That match should be not be FREE it has money written all over it. Orton tooked the pin last night, so I think he may be done in this world title picture for now. I'm going to give you guys three options for Seth Rollins at Elimination Chamber. Will Triple H talk about Rollins using the pedigree? For Raw tonight expect ALOT of gloating and trolling in this opening segment.

-Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

-Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns

-Seth Rollins vs. Kane

I hope you guys enjoyed this week's RAW preview article.

Raw is in Richmond, Virginia and it's a old-school NWA Territory, so don't be surprised if the crowd is flat tonight.

You can follow me on Twitter @JoshLopezCSR

Follow us on Twitter @CondoOnTheMoon and check out our most recent podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment