Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why Do We Still Watch Professional Wrestling?



As I'm typing this piece from my house in the greatest wrestling city in the world Chicago. I'm at a crossroad with my passion and love for professional wrestling. Now I know what you're thinking, "Oh here we go again here's another fan who hostes a pro wrestling talk show and talks about losing his passion because the terrible product of the WWE", but that can be the furthest thing from the truth. I'm at a crossroad with my passion for wrestling because in today's era of wrestling I can't enjoy wrestling anymore without somebody going out of their way to tell me that I'm a WWE defender or this or that. To be brtutally honest with you, I personally feel that I'm the only true wrestling fan out there. For those who think I just watch WWE programming each week and I think it's the greatest on the earth, well you obviously don't know who I am.

Over the last couple weeks I've seen more negativity towards the world of professional wrestling than I've ever seen in my entire life and it truly breaks my heart. When it comes to wrestling and goes hand and hand with because if there's a wrestling ring no matter what company supplys that ring I'll support it and I will be it's bigger supporter because I'm a massive wrestling fan and I'm not ashamed of it. I don't associate myself with the internet wrestling community and their mindset that everything has to be like it was during the Attitude Era. I'm sorry I'm honest I'm not going to change who I am for a certain type of fanbase that doesn't give this generation of wrestling a chance. To be honest with you I'm going to say alot of stuff in this piece and it may offend you, but the truth hurts. Tell me your answer to this question. Why do we still watch professional wrestling?



One thing that totally irks me off with today's wrestling fanbase is the idea that you can bring back a era. Don't tell me that you never said that because you're just lying to yourself. I mention that I started watching wrestling during in the Attitude Era which may be the greatest era of professional wrestling. What's the one constant complaint about WWE programming? Is it because it's PG? Is it because is not TV 14? Is it because all the guys in this picture above can't be part of the active roster? I don't know what it is, but there's this hysteria that if WWE goes back to the Attitude Era ALL THE PROBLES ARE FIX! YOU'RE WRONG! How many times during a Monday Night Raw and you go on social media and you see people talk about how WWE is complacent and they don't put any effort into their shows and mind you I do agree with some of the complaints that are associated with this era of the WWE. I understand the last three months of television screams going through the motions, but at the same time we as fans as failing to realize that one second were talking about the WWE never giving young guys a chance where at Hell in a Cell, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose main evented a PPV and the month after that you see Dolph Ziggler winning probably the biggest in his career and you guys are saying that they don't give young guys a chance? You've have got to be kidding me. And some of the fans expectations for these guys that come up from NXT and are expected to be in the WWE title picture a month after being brought up is absolutely hysterical. If you're going out of your way every single Monday night on social media bitching and moaning about wanting change I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THE ATTITUDE ERA! It's was an era for reason, it was 16 years ago MOVE ON GET OVER IT! You want to see the Attitude Era go on the WWE Network and watch the Monday Night War Show.























Tonight is the 4th WWE NXT special on the WWE Network dub WWE NXT Takeover R Evolution. Tonight's show is showcasing the best young performers in the WWE developmental system. When people talk about change and they want the WWE product to evolve you should look at NXT as what they could and should be when WWE programming is concern. I'll tell you this there's a potential that the major stars on this special on the Network will be on the main roster at the end of next year or after WrestleMania 32. You have outstanding talents down there in the performance center like Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, The Ascension, Hideo Itami, Finn Balor, The Vaudevillans, Charlotte, Sasha Banks and the Kevin Owens. These 11 men and women plus a bevy of upcoming talents in the developmental system are the talents you should be supporting and clamoring for. I don't know how going back to the Attitude Era or using the same formula that happen in the NWA or Mid-South lets todays product evolve. Watching tonight's WWE NXT Takeover R Evolution will give us as fans a little taste as to what the future of the WWE will be and I honestly believe that.





  I think the most prevalent thing that I notice about today's wrestling fanbase is the word hypocrpisy. I'm going to give you alot of examples of hypocrpisy in alot of the things the wrestling fanbase wants. We have already the obvious complaint about wanting the WWE product to get better and evolve, but their resolution is reverting to the past and not looking at the big picture because going to an era that happen 15-20 years ago is the way to fix a sports entertainment show. Secondly is the part-time discussion because during WrestleMania season you usually see the returns of Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Triple H etc and this leads to the complaint of "Why are these part timers back?" "Why bring back the part-timers when you can focus on the main roster talents?" Well heading into WrestleMania 31 this year the four main events everybody is predicting to see involves part-timers plus this new rumor coming about The Undertaker taking on Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 31. The third example i'm going to use here is going to going to upset alot of people and this comes from the biggest CM Punk fan in the world, but here we go "OH MY GOD NXT IS AWESOME, IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN RAW, WHY CAN'T TRIPLE H RUN THE SHOW?" Day after CM Punk podcast comes out "How does it feel for being the reason for CM Punk not being part of the WWE you egotistical manaic" You go and praise Triple H for the great work he does in NXT, but you go out of your way and agree with every single thing that CM Punk said in that podcast and it's a complete 180 on Triple H. Maybe some of the things Punk said about Triple H may be true, but I don't understand how you can tell Triple H to go screw himself and that at the same time give him so much glowing praise for tonight's NXT Takeover R Evolution show. Hypocrites make up your mind people what do you want?

 If you're going to let the dirtsheets, social media, or a wrestling podcast/radio show effect the way you view professional wrestling, are you a real fan? Make up your own mind, like whatever you want to watch if you want to be a WWE fan own up to it and don't be embarrass about it.  Now if you're just watching the WWE to crap on it and judge it stop watching it because you're not getting anything out of it, but giving the WWE another rating or Network subscription. It's the simple truth and plus it goes with the whole entire point of this article. I watch wrestling because I'm a wrestling fan and even through the good and bad times I always supported all wrestling companies because I'm a true and loyal fan. I also think if you watch Raw each week and you want to bang your head against the wall, and you hate the WWE so much stop watching it. That doesn't mean your not a wrestling fan if you don't like the WWE move on from it don't mention on social media find a new company to support like Ring of Honor, Lucha Underground, Global Force Wrestling, or you local independent shows there's other ways to enjoy wrestling. You don't have to be a WWE fan, but at the same time if you're not going to be a WWE fan and your still watching the show and you go on social media making threats that you'll stop watching the product while already admitting that you hate the WWE you're a hypocrite sorry but it's the truth. Do we watch wrestling to be angry? Do we watch wrestling to nip pick it? Do we watch wrestling for what it is? Why do we still watch professional wrestling if it's so bad? That's the question I have for all of you great folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment