Monday, June 29, 2015

5 Things To Expect on WWE Monday Night Raw 6/29/15



Welcome to this week's WWE Raw preview article brought to you by Condo On The Moon. This week's Raw takes place from the nation's capital, Washington, D.C.! We're just about three weeks away from the WWE Battleground PPV. Also we're 5 days away from the "Beast in the East" Special on the WWE Network from Tokyo, Japan. Last week on Raw we found out three new matches for the Battlgeround Special Event: Ryback vs. Big Show vs. The Miz for the IC Title, New Day vs. Prime Time Players for the Tag Team Championship and Kevin Owens vs. John Cena for the US Championship. 20 days away from this big event will any more matches will be announced in these in between Raw's? Let's take a look at the five things I expect to see on tonight's Monday Night Raw.

1.) The Family is back together



Last week on Raw we saw the Authority comeback together to lay out "The Beast" Brock Lesnar. Rollins went onto SmackDown to signify that he's what he says he is and he defeated Dean Ambrose. It was announced on Saturday that tonight's main event of Raw will be: Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Kane & Seth Rollins. Here's a fun fact for you guys. Since Kane's join the Authority he's been in 48 main events of Raw's, SmackDown's and PPV's. Here's my thing I understand that you need Rollins to focus on someone while Brock will NOT be on tonight's edition of Raw, but why are you bringing back a main event of Raw that happen not only before Payback, but also the Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank? Joey Mercury severed three broken ribs due to the hands of Brock Lesnar we wish him a speedy recovery. Tonight for Raw I'll like to have Rollins stop harping on the Authority side of this angle. It's time for Rollins to put his focus on Brock Lesnar. We got it the family is back together. Rollins you have three weeks to give the WWE Universe a reason to believe that YOU can BEAT Brock Lesnar!!!! Bring up what happen at the Royal Rumble where YOU broke Lesnar's RIBS, Bring up WrestleMania where you stole the title away from Lesnar. Bring up that your are the architect and you Lesnar is playing your game. I believe that Bray Wyatt will disctrat Roman Reigns or even lay him out before the match starts, so I feel that Dean Ambrose will be left for nothing and Rollins takes out Ambrose for good. There's nothing for Ambrose to do here. Lay him out and write him off television for a month. Will Paul Heyman be on the show tonigth? If so talk about a great start to Raw with a in-ring promo segment with Rollins and Heyman.

2.) IC Three Way for Battleground 



I want you guys to check out this interview ^^. On my radio show I close out every single show with the weekly WWE.com interviews that Michael Cole conduct with the bevy of WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends. Reason being the #LittleThings! Alot of wrestling fans talk about lack of effective character development and not paying attention the "IWC" (Which I'm not part of nor can I stand.) Ever since Triple H turn heel at SummerSlam 2013 I've aired every single Michael Cole interviews since because that's where you get the major character development. Please check out this Big Show because towards the end he explains WHY he's still in the company and in high places. I may be in a island, but I love this feud with Ryback and Big Show. It works perfectly for both guys. Ryback is looking to take Big Show's spot and Show is still trying to show that he still matters and has a purpose in the company. Tonight I think we see one or two things. 1.) Big Show takes on Ryback in a match and 2.) Mark Henry vs. Big Show. If Ryback doesn't fight Big Show tonight maybe he competes against a guy like Bad News Barrett. As far as The Miz is concern, I'm not sure he's down in Orlando, Florida helping out with the Tough Enough show, so I don't get his purpose in this match. I'm guessing they can air a pre-tape with The Miz that can air after a Ryback or Big Show match, but he need a solid reason as to why Miz is in this match. Besides that I'm looking forward to what they do with this program tonight.

3.) John Cena vs. Kevin Owens III 



The battle of foregin languages happen last week on Raw! We found out that John Cena will be defending the United States Championship at Battleground against NXT Champion Kevin Owens. I expect both guys to be on the show tonight. One of the mistakes I felt the WWE made with last week's Raw was that neither guy were in a match. I know you don't want to overdue, but at the same time these open challenges and just in general the John Cena or Kevin Owens singles matches have been one of the best parts of Monday Night Raw in the past three months. There's nothing wrong with having the back and forth promos, but you have a three hour shows. There's no reason why these guys can have at least a 10-15 minute TV Match. Tonight I think John Cena gets the best of Kevin Owens. I think we'll see a John Cena US Open Challenge with Cesaro. And for Owens I think we may see a rematch with him and Dolph Ziggler. It's important tonight if Cena's going to do the Mr. USA thing tonight he gets the best of Owens.

4.) The Beast in the East Special on the WWE Network Preview 


Here's the card we know about now when it comes to the upcoming WWE "Beast In The East" Special on the WWE Network on 4th of July.

-NXT Championship Match~ Kevin Owens (c) vs. Finn Balor

-Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston

-John Cena & Dolph Ziggler vs. King Barrett & Kane

-Chris Jericho vs. Neville

-WWE Divas Championship Match~ Nikki Bella (c) vs. Naomi vs. Paige

-Lucha Dragons vs. New Day

I'm interested in seeing if the WWE does any or zero promotion for this event on tonight's show and also who else will be on this show? I'm sure we'll some type of promotional video package, but it would be nice to see Kevin Owens or any talk about the Special this Saturday.

5.) The New Day 



That's it enjoy the comedic nature of this amazing trio.

I hope you enjoy tonight's Raw! Try to sit back and not be a Roger Ebert wannabe. Watch the show for what it is and then make your thoughts be apparent. We effective our "expertise" dictate our moods towards a show. I promise you if you sit back and not OVER THINK every single mi-nute points of the show you'll enjoy it.

Make sure to check me out on my radio show the Pro Wrestling Experience every Wednesday from 10am-1pm CT! I will be speaking to former TNA Wrestler Gunner.

Follow me on Twitter @JoshLopezCSR

No comments:

Post a Comment