Monday, August 3, 2015

5 Things To Expect on WWE Monday Night Raw 8/3/15



Welcome to this week's Raw preview article brought to you by Condo On The Moon. My name is Joshua Lopez and I'm the host of the Pro Wrestling Experience and I do TV Show Reports for Between The Ropes. Obviously it hasn't been the best time to be a wrestling fan over the past two months and surprisngly it has nothing to do with the product it has to do with the recent passings of Roddy Piper and Dusty Rhodes. Whether I'm writing a piece or doing a radio show my goal is to make someone's day better as a fan of wrestling and at the same time promote the good and history of the business instead of tearing it down. With that tonight's Raw is from the home of where Suplex City began. That's right the WWE is back in San Jose, California at the SAP Center (which is a great arena with good seats and AIR CONDITIONING) and watch out Michael Cole as Brock Lesnar will be back to the program. We're three weeks away from the 28th annual SummerSlam PPV and I will talk about what happen on last week's WWE Programming and what new matches can be made for SummerSlam in fact I will actually lay out a demo card for your liking and also I'll give you my thoughts on the passing of Roddy Piper.

Roddy Piper:




I wasn't born in the 1970's or 80's I'm a 90's kid and I really didn't get a full grasp of who Rowdy Roddy Piper was until I was like maybe 10 years old and I was starting full studying of the business. I always saw Piper on video packages and etc and the first time I saw Piper on TV was two occassions. The first one was of course when he got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 and the great Piper's Pit Segment with Stone Cold Steve Austin at WrestleMania 21. The second one was on the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable program that used to be on WWE Classics On Demand. What's their to say that hasn't already been said? Piper is the personification of what a true villan in pro wrestling is supposed to be. Piper was the man and doing my research over the years Piper did alot of amazing things that go under the radar at times especially his stuff in Portland and his feud with Greg Valentine in the NWA in the early 80's.  If there wasn't Piper in 85 there's no WrestleMania and with the rate the territories were going at that time I'm not sure if wrestling would still be here. Piper was a mainstream from the business and had a underrated career outside the ring in the movies and of course when he was in on the TV Show Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I love Piper's Mania matches with Bret Hart, Adonis and Goldust. Piper's run in WCW was really good from the standpoint that he reinvented himself in way when he was feuding with the nWo in the way he was cutting his promos. Obviously being born in this generation of wrestling I always enjoyed Piper's sproadic appearances on WWE programming and there's two moments that I always remember from the Piper we saw in today's wrestling. The first one was the segment with Piper and Cena where Piper was trying to bring out the inner anger in Cena and then second one is Old School Raw in 2014 where he closes off Raw with my personal favorite wrestler CM Punk who Piper was a major influence on Punk. Piper had a charm to him and what's more important that even though he went through alot in the wrestling business he always tried to find a way to be happy and be the best father out there. I send my colodences to the Toombs family and Roddy will be missed. I loved the guy I think to me he will always be the gold standard of what a true heel is and it's unfortunate that he was decided to be taken away from us that young. Love u Piper! Thank you for everything you've done for the business and setting example for what a good man and father is and you will never be forgotten even if your out of Bubblegum high above.

1.) John Cena vs. Seth Rollins at SummerSlam? 




The John Cena/Seth Rollins US Championship Match from last week's Raw was great. Cena broke his nose and continue to fight on for another 6-7 minutes and you have to give it up to a guy like that no matter how you feel about his subjective character. A couple weeks ago I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this program because obviously it's ironic that Cena is going back for the title when the ratings haven't been earth shattering. Rollins has gone through Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, and survived Brock and still is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and for him to go all through that and then just lose like nothing in first encounter with Cena since last year's TLC would be a major spit in a face to everything this guy has done in the past year. With that being said and just going off what i've seen in the past couple of WWE shows is that Rollins getting a win against Cena on a big stage like SummerSlam would be a major rocket booster to a title reign which I already thought it was going really good. Cena could win the title and I wouldn't been surprised or upset because he's realy had a stellar year this year when it comes to matches and his promos have been good, so Cena hasn't had a bad feud this year. With Cena nose being shattern your not going to see Cena in the ring which is unfortunate because I would have love seeing some US Open Challenges before SummerSlam and now it looks like it will be champion vs. champion at SummerSlam. I'm sure Rollins will start the show and brag about Cena nose being broken and that Cena is not entitled to another World Title Match and he's not here, so Rollins is moving on. If Rollins was to wrestle tonight I think he would fight either Roman Reigns or Cesaro. It would be interesting to see if Cena would have a cut pre-recorded promo towards Rollins, but we'll see what happens.

2.) The Beast is Back  



Brock Lesnar is back on tonight's show and I'm really looking forward to that. We've all seen Heyman cut amazing promo's especially the ones before WrestleMania 30. There's always been one stat that I don't know why someone like Heyman would continue to overlook and not bring up. That stat is the fact that The Undertaker has never beated Brock Lesnar. I'm sure Heyman will cut a cool promo tonight and then it would be distrupted by Undertaker in a cool Taker esque video package if Taker is not at Raw tonight that's just a idea we haven't seen that in a while. I would also like to know if this will be a fight or another wrestling match like at Mania 30. This match NEEDS a stipulation to it. The fans in Brooklyn will boo the match out of the building if it's just another wrestling match with 20 suplexes. This is one of the major things I'm paying attention to for tonight's show especially coming off that amazing pull apart a couple weeks ago.

3.) Steve Austin Podcast with Paige + Divas Revolution



Tonight after RAW is the return of the infamous Stone Cold Podcast on the WWE Network with special guest former Divas Champion and Tough Enough Coach the beautiful Paige. I'm really looking forward to this. Obviously for me I know about Paige's upbrining with her legendary Knight family, but I'm also interested in learning more things about her and what type of question Austin would have for her since he has admitted over the past couple weeks on his podcast that he hasn't been watching the product due to his crazy schedule with filming the next Broken Skull Challenge season. Will Austin bring up AJ Lee? What's Austin thoughts on the Diva uprising in the WWE and will Austin ask Paige about her experience on Tough Enough this season. I love Paige, so it will be alot of fun covering this podcast tonight. As far as tonight is concern I think we would see Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch then later on that night we'll see Paige & Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks & Naomi.

4.) SummerSlam 2015 Match Card 

1.) No Holds Barred Match 
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman

2.) WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match 
Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena

3.) Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship 
Prime Time Players (c) vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores

4.) Triple Threat Match for the WWE Divas Championship 
Nikki Bella (c) vs. Paige vs. Sasha Banks

5.) Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro

6.) Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

7.) Triple Threat Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 
Ryback (c) vs. The Miz vs. Big Show

8.) The Wyatt Family vs. Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose


I hope you guys enjoyed this week's Raw preview. It will be nice to see the WWE pay some type of tribute to Piper on tonight's show. It's going to be a good night to honor a legend and enjoy some good wrestling.

You can follow me on Twitter it's @JoshLopezCSR

Check out my radio show this Wednesday the Pro Wrestling Experience from 11am-2pm ET on Chicagolandsportsradio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment